Welcome

Welcome

This blog is a way for couples to improve their marriage through improved intimacy, communication, and love. There are links and a search bar on the left to help you navigate the blog easier. Since this blog is about improving marital intimacy all of the post will discuss some aspect of marital intimacy; however, some posts will cover more than one topic. The tabs on the top of the page are there to help you learn more about our intimacy workshop. This workshop can help couples recover from poor marital intimacy caused by an assortment of problems.

Please feel free to leave feedback and enjoy the adventure.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Push & Pull


Though I was never that little girl who planned her wedding, picked out her dress, or dreamt of the guy she would one day marry...I definitely did think that marriage was "the happy ending". 
Little did I know that in reality...it was only the beginning.

Simply put, it was the beginning of real growth.

During courtship you are so enraptured with this idea of forever with 'the one'.
 So much so, that you conveniently overlook those day-to-day traits that you are committing yourself to for forever.



He takes off his socks every day in the front room & leaves them under the couch for me to find. He forgets to do things on the to-do list. He can't read my mind & emotions like I need him to sometimes. He doesn't speak up when he needs something.

But...
He does hold me tight when I'm hurt. He is teachable and eager to learn. He understands the greater purpose in life. He loves me with all his being. He is happy to hitch his wagon to mine & experience this life together.

That push & pull in a relationship is crucial, because how else would we know what to improve in our own sphere? What can I do better? How can I better serve those around me? Especially my spouse?

He pushes me to be better by just being himself.

How has marriage changed you?

No comments:

Post a Comment